Friday, May 10, 2013

Like Grumpy Cat, reports of my death are greatly exagerated.

"I hate you and everything you stand for"

Yes, well, bit of an hiatus there.

First of all, thanks to Melba and Catlick for their emails, asking if I was OK.

I'm fine, thanks.

Actually, I'm in my usual mode of "barely contained, teeth-gnashing" rage, largely due to my stupid habit of continuing to read political commentators in the media.

Why, I don't know.

It's not like any of the fuckers are ever going to say anything different, or well written or even vaguely interesting.

But the really depressing thing is that they constantly contradict themselves, without showing the slightest sense of shame.

Take, for example, the recent flap over the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). For days, they shrieked that the Gillard Government should rush the NDIS legislation through the Commonwealth Parliament before the next election.

Despite the fact that for some months before hand, they had been shrieking at the Gillard Government to not rush the the new communications legislation through Commonwealth Parliament before the next election.

Or the fact that the discussion over the recent deferral of the carbon levy compensation has been led almost entirely by political commentators discussing whether is was good politics or not, rather than the economics correspondents discussing whether it was good policy or not.

I give up.

As Tom Lehrer once famously said "When they gave the Nobel Peace Prize to Henry Kissinger, I realised political satire was obsolete,".
Next; adorably cute kittens and why they suck.

5 comments:

Cath said...

Thank crap you are back to give me something suitably humourous and, at the same time, intelligent. Cat images aside. Keep it up.

Puss In Boots said...

Glad you're back! I was just about to come in and post a poem from TS Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. I'm glad I don't have to resort to that.

Unknown said...

So ... wait. Are we saying this is a space that supports grumpy cat or not? Grumpy cat is so what TSFKA was made for. If you guys say you hate him we can't be friends. I for one go about my daily life saying to myself "What would grumpy cat do?" And I have to tell you, it's working very well for me.

That, is in fact, how I plan to vote later this year.

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

I will not have a word said against Grumpy Cat.

Grumpy Cat is my new God.

squib said...

So glad you are okies, Ramon. The house we are in overlooks a cricket pitch which makes me think of you. It's all cordoned off and they fuss over it like it's baby Jesus