Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Not Derryn Hinch

When I was 14-15, growing up in Generica (a suburb of Melbourne), Dad would sometimes let me drive his car from the footpath, down the driveway and into the garage. More excitingly, on weekends, I was sometimes allowed to reverse the car out of the garage and out on to the (quiet, small) street. After doing this for a couple of years, I was allowed to drive the car from one house down from ours and turn into our driveway. About 30m. The neighbours would come out and offer me hints, and cheer when I got into the driveway without mounting the gutter. Throughout all this time, I don't think I exceeded 10km per-hour. I didn't get over that speed until I got my Learner's Permit and was under the careful supervision of the RACV.

Today's Age reports that a 4 year-old boy has died after being run over by a 15 year old driving a car, with his father in the passenger seat. Like, on a road.

Forgive me for my knee-jerk reaction without knowing ANY of the real facts. Judge and jury, right here. But, prima facie, I suggest:

The 15 year old should get a slap on the knuckles for being a naughty boy.

The father of the 15 year old should be jailed for at least 25 years for manslaughter, and in jail be subjected weekly to anal rape by obese mongoloids with herpes and questionable hygeine standards.

Thank ya mother for the rabbits.

Distressing article is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have to adjust to the culture shock, since here in the States lots of 15 year olds have learner permits.

But since he's too young there? Smack the kid and flog the dad. And I don't mean flogging the log either.