Sadly, this often results in some high-profile putz writing something like "ten things you must do before you die" or somesuch nonsense.
This is usually a list of staggering pretension, such as climbing a mountain in Africa or hiking around some lake in Eastern Europe.
Well, fuck that.
Who has the time, money or inclination to do anything of the sort? Yet we're asked to believe that our lives are in some way poorer for not ticking off this list.
So, in the interest of the time-poor, pizza-rich readers of TSFKA, I present the Ramon Insertnamehere piss-easy;
TEN THINGS YOU MUST DO BEFORE YOU DIE
1. Drink a nice cup of tea.
2. Get out of bed before noon.
3. Eat a chicken sandwich*.
4. Call someone an "oleaginous cunt" to their face.
5. Go into a pub and order a "black and tan". You don't have to drink it. You can just sit there and look at it.
6. Stare moodily out of a window.
7. Ring the speaking clock.
9. Wear sensible shoes.
10. Pick a cat up and turn it around so it's facing the opposite way. The look of baffled fury on their furry faces is priceless.
Please, there's no need to thank me.
* If you're a vegetarian, eat a toasted cheese sandwich**
** I don't know what to do if you're a vegan. Eat a chick-pea sandwich or whatever the hell you people eat.