Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bollocks, Part Two.

An article from yesterday’s Australian on-line reports on the latest Newspoll.

The paper notes, in tones of deathless surprise;

Kevin Rudd's dominance of the Australian political landscape is still going strong according to the latest Newspoll.

Despite recent revelations of the Prime Minister’s expletive-laden tirade against factional leaders and fears world leaders will not be able to strike a deal at climate change talks in Copenhagen, Mr Rudd remains the nation’s preferred prime minister according to voters surveyed last weekend by Newspoll
.

Well durrrr.

Did anybody seriously think Kruddy using a “full and frank exchange of views” in a private meeting with some Labor Party backbenchers would do anything other than make him even more popular?

Did nobody remember the “Rudd pissed in strip club shock” which pundits confidentially predicted would “seriously damage the opposition leader” but everybody else thought “yeah, bloody legend”.

The level of political analysis in large chunks of the Australian media continues to baffle me.

Now, let us resume laughing at Perseus.

12 comments:

Perseus said...

I would really like to see an un-censored interview between Kerry O'Brien and Kevin Rudd, where they can both let loose.

"Stop being a cunt and answer the question, Prime-Minister"

"I did fucking it answer it you ginga shit."

And so on.

I also noted our beloved Julia owned up to cussing. Hot!

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

"I refer to the deadshits sitting opposite and suggest that they cram it up their arse."

Jules always did have a temper on her.

squib said...

I thought that was pretty mild cussing for a pollie

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

It was pretty mild for a ALP pollie, Squib.

I'd like to see Alexander Downer get really angry

"Oh, you rotter! You can jolly well get fucked!!"

squib said...

It was pretty mild for a ALP pollie, Squib.

Oh I know

Perseus said...

I worked with Keating a couple of times. Off-camera he swore like a trooper. An Irish trooper. An Irish ALP trooper. It was awesome.

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Speaking of which Pers. you never told us whether you met Julia or not.

Pepsi said...

I like Krudd, even if he is a mick parading as a proddie.

Keating had vision, we liked that.

Now that Annita, she is pretty horsey.

wari lasi said...

Didn't he flick Annita?

Julia just gets hotter all the time. At least she has passion, even if Mrs L still hates her voice.

catlick said...

"Oh, you rotter! You can jolly well get fucked!!"

Ooohhh I've gone all St Trinian's! I have a couple of early editions of the St Trinian's books, and I swear Alexander Downer and Christopher Pyne are there, writ large!

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Lord Downer is a character straight out of Ripping Yarns.

That said, he was always very approachable to the media in a sort of "what-ho you press chappies" sort of way.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see Alexander Downer get really angry

I can vaguely remember seeing Downer loose his shit once over a microphone that wasn't working properly or something. He sounded like a little kid throwing a tantrum. God, I miss having that man in politics. Luckily there's still Abbott, Heffernan, Tuckey and Barnaby Joyce. I wish Labor would see about adding some more comedy relief to their line up though.