Friday, October 15, 2010

A very special London PSF for EMS

How I long to be drinking near there.

Unfortunately it's all about Lord's cricket ground.

It is little I repair to the matches of the Southron folk,
Though my own red roses there may blow;
It is little I repair to the matches of the Southron folk,
Though the red roses crest the caps, I know.
For the field is full of shades as I near the shadowy coast,
And a ghostly batsman plays to the bowling of a ghost,
And I look through my tears on a soundless-clapping host
As the run-stealers flicker to and fro,
To and fro: -
O my Hornby and my Barlow long ago!

It's long been my wish to have a beer in a pub near Lord's when a Test match is on.

Perhaps, one day.

5 comments:

Lewd Bob said...

Perhaps a beer in a pub near a tv in Brunswick while a test match is on at Lord's.

Might be easier.

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Mmm, Brunswick or London.

Tough call.

squib said...

I hate this poem!

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Do you know how hard it is to get quality poems about Lord's Cricket Ground, Squib?

Unknown said...

For me? You shouldn't have!

It's long been my wish to have a beer in a pub near Lord's when a Test match is on.

I think I may actually have had a beer in a pub near Lord's, but not when a Test match has been on.