Monday, October 19, 2009

Dickhead of the week

News comes from the United States that the parents of six year old “balloon boy” Falcon Heene may be charged by local police.

The ABC reports:

The flight of a home-made helium balloon that sparked a frantic rescue attempt for the young boy thought to be aboard was a publicity-seeking hoax, a Colorado sheriff says.

Police say the stunt was designed to drum up publicity for a reality television series, and although parents Richard and Mayumi Heene have not yet been arrested, charges are likely to come.

There was a massive search and rescue operation and a media frenzy last week when it was thought that six-year-old The flight of a home-made helium balloon that sparked a frantic rescue attempt for the young boy thought to be aboard was a publicity-seeking hoax, a Colorado sheriff says.

Police say the stunt was designed to drum up publicity for a reality television series, and although parents Richard and Mayumi Heene have not yet been arrested, charges are likely to come.

There was a massive search and rescue operation and a media frenzy last week when it was thought that six-year-old Falcon Heene was stuck in a runaway flying saucer-shaped helium balloon floating through the skies above Colorado.

The boy was later found hiding in his family's garage

Leaving aside the issue that any father who calls their kid “Falcon” deserves a swift punch to the solar plexus; it seems this bloke has form when it comes to being a dickhead.

The internet magazine Salon reports Richard Heene has – shall we say – a somewhat jaundiced view of modern women and a YouTube produced by the family includes this little screed;

"Pussification [poo-si-fi-ca-shun]: The modern day teachings of human beings living a superficial lifestyle of consumerism, obesity, and over protectiveness [sic] for themselves and their children (put them in a corner for "Time Out") in an effort gain [sic] as many supporters as possible to believe that they are better than everyone else around them. The females are typically referred to as "Soccer Moms" while the males are referred to as "Pussies."

What a putz.

14 comments:

Cath said...

Runner-up:... news agencies still going on about the publicity stunt - thereby giving the white trash family the publicity they wanted!

Puss In Boots said...

Completely off topic, but if you guys thought I spent ridiculous amounts of money on handbags, check this one out!

And no, I don't understand how someone could pay that for a handbag. I mean, sure, it's a Hermes Birkin, but it's not even very attractive. It would have to have a BMW attached to it for me to pay that.

patchouligirl said...

I feel you are looking for some kind of justification Puss.

To me, its this simple. Every $25 I spend puts me one more hour away from my ultimate goal - retirement. You can keep the trinkets - all I want is to afford to go fishing, swimming and walking all day.

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Is it made from real crocodile?

Puss In Boots said...

I wasn't looking for justification at all, Patch. I was just linking to a ridiculously priced handbag. I found it amusing.

Ramon, I assume so.

squib said...

The definition for pussification makes no sense whatsoever

That handbag just needs a mythical Teacup Chihuahua peeking out like a fugitive possum

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Squib, I don't think logic (or indeed, grammar) is this bloke's strong point.

WitchOne said...

And they're still charging a shipping fee for the bag?? I wouldn't buy it just on principal, there's an overpriced handbag and then there's just greedy!

WitchOne said...

Oh, back n topic. I've always wanted to lock my kids in the ceiling and then invite the cops over to look for them in the sky. Sounds like a great game of hide and seek, they got more than enough hints, the cops are just upset they lost and don't get their own turn to hide.

wari lasi said...

I saw this on BBC World while we were having breakfast this morning.

I'm just not shocked any more at what the septics get up to.

Patchouligirl - You like fishing? Wow.

patchouligirl said...

The story of the week for me is that the NSW police want to make cold and flu tablets containing pseudoephedrine perscription only. I've tried the Codrals with no pseudoephedrine and they are useless. I don't want to have to pay for a script and spend an hour at the doctors just to get codrals (If you can actually get an appointment). And there doesn't seem to be any reason why the current monitoring method of presenting a medicare card isn't adequate. I know how I'll manage this - any time I go to the doctor for anything I'll ask for a script for Codrals just in case I need them. How this system is actually going to aid NSW police I can't fathom. I hope they don't bring it in like they have in other countries.

patchouligirl said...

And yes I like fishing. Its the best excuse for finding a nice spot and doing absolutely nothing I know.

Lewd Bob said...

In Victoria you have to present your license to get pseudoephedrine products. I use them to cure hangovers. This is the only use my license ever gets.

Somewhere there's an alarm ringing.

Dr. Golf said...

Heard a new word the other day.

Procrasturbation: to waste time by pleasuring yourself.