Monday, June 29, 2009
Yes, The Cake Was Awesome...
The Scupltress, who baked the cake, said, "It's all edible, even the sails. Oh, but not the pins. Watch out for them."
* I spent three or so hours in a mild panic thinking that I had insulted Lewd Bob and/or his Missus. See, they turned up at the same time as about 15 other people, and I was opening presents and stuff, and I hadn't had a sip of a drink and in desperation I yelled out to Lewd Bob, "Can you please get me wine," and he gave me this strange look and was never seen or heard from again for the night. I discovered the next day there was a medical issue, which is no good, but until I got really really drunk, all I was concerned with was what I did to insult them.
* Of the bloggersphere, I had Kitten Wrangler and Chewy Justice (from the old TSSH gang), Desci and her fella, Melba and her fella, Cath and Mr. Subtle and thank god, they were all very patient with me making cameos at their table and then running off again. My sister badgered them for a bit. My sister is odd. I hope she didn't scare them. Julia Zemiro must have been in fine form on RockWiz cos Ramon failed to arrive.
* I told my niece to take photos of everyone. She took that literally, and took photos of everyone at the pub. There were over 40 photos of people I didn't know, and yet Dutch Nerd, Miss Artist and about ten other dear friends were not in any photo.
* Dutch Nerd was one of the girls I aimed to pickup. As mentioned last week, she had just split up and I was looking for some rebound action. She gave me a present with a card and the first line of the card said, "I want to instigate a love affair with you..." and I nearly fainted, but the sentence ended with, "...and Terry Pratchett." The present was a Pratchett book. I was about to start flirting but then, the guy she just split up with turned up (he's also in the extended group of friends) and they had some sort of tiff and she ended up leaving at 12 and so did he.
* One other girl I really like who is my ex Boss's daughter also planned to come, but ex Boss got dumped by his wife earlier in the week and so he didn't come, and nor did she because of turmoil in the family. The good news of her not coming is that she rang and suggested we go out next weekend, one on one. Fucking ace.
* Speaking of which, there were probably 20-30 people that didn't come. Some overseas, some ill, some don't like pubs and late nights... all of them have insisted on another social event with me. It's become a 40th Festival that will last for a month. So much for hating birthdays.
* Pub shut at 1pm. With the Mermaid heading the way, about 15 of us arrived at some night club. We made Mermaid coordinate with the door staff the entry of a large pack of middle-aged people, because she's hot. We all got in except one - my one hippy mate, who was the only sober one amongst us. They had a strict no-hippy rule. I even tried to bribe the doorguy $50 but no go. So we all left the place immediately and went to some other bar.
* That's when the pills kicked in. The rest is a blur. I do remember one mate proudly revealing his birthday present to be a gram of coke, but I just couldn't do it, so I made him give the coke to some of the chicks in our gang (including Mermaid) which he was happy to do. We ended up at some guy's house at 5am, and at 5.30am, I was sitting on a couch with Miss Artist, and we both agreed that we were too smashed to do anything, so I got in a taxi and went back to my hotel room alone.
* Went to the footy the next day to watch Richmond get SMASHED. Life is now back to normal, other than I got my new car. It's black.